Social Marketing Intern
Colon Cancer Foundation
Port Chester, NY
Social Marketing Intern
The Colon Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in New York State and listed by the Federal IRS as a public charity dedicated to reducing colorectal cancer incidence and death. Our mission includes: supporting research into the causes and cures for colorectal cancer; increasing public awareness; educating the public about the importance of early detection; and forming strategic partnerships in the fight against colorectal cancer. In 2004 Dr. Thomas K. Weber founded the nation’s first public colon cancer awareness event – the Colon Cancer Challenge. As a surgical oncologist working daily with colorectal cancer patients, he saw the need for increasing public awareness of the nation’s second deadliest form of cancer and the importance of expanding research focused on the causes and cures of colorectal cancer. Since its first year the Colon Cancer Challenge has grown to attract thousands of participants and supporters from around the nation. The Colon Cancer Challenge offers survivors, family, and friends of those affected by colorectal cancer a unique opportunity to raise public awareness and contribute to the fight against this preventable, yet often fatal disease. In 2008 the Colon Cancer Foundation was established with a formal mission of reducing colorectal cancer and related deaths through supporting research, increasing public awareness and education, and collaborating with strategic partners in the fight against colorectal cancer.
Our organization is looking for a Social Marketing Intern to join our team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our Facebook page including birthday fundraising donor recognition, monitoring and posting on all our social networks, engaging online forums, responding to messages, participating in online outreach and promotion, and optimizing our social media pages. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. This internship is UNPAID.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to manage and post on all social media platforms
- Social Media donor response
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor analytics with social media manager to identify viable ideas
- Create social media messaging for marketing campaigns, educational resources, etc.
- Create social media graphics for events, educational resources, etc.
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in social media as well as trending topics and culturally relevant moments
- Brainstorm ways for audience to stay engaged with us through social media
- Interview doctors, patients, advocates, etc. as needed
- Write blog posts
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 0-2 years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Squarespace
- Experience with social media analytics, including Instagram and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Premier, and/or Canva
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- On call
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com